Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday, August 30_Post op Day 9

Up at 5 made my own coffee.  Slept ok.  Took Tylenol
Around 3.    
Turned on tv to watch hurricane at 5 . 
 Took dexametbasone   and pantoprazole generic for protonix.  
 Only every 12 hours now instead of every 8. 
 Ok what are these drugs and how are they making me feel.   Let me count the ways.   I will now look up the drugs and see...
Dex-a--METH-a-sone 
    A potent synthetic steroid drug.   The directions on taking the drug were not easily understood.  But bernie and I figured it out and I set a reminder on my iPhone in my calendar when to take .  You want to know how powerful this steroid drug is.   Being at home i take it orally, it is 26.6 times more potent than   Naturally occurring hormone cortisol and 6.6 times more potent than prednisone . 
 Symptons:   Of drug. 
    Difficulty sleeping...feeling of a whirling motion; increased sweating ,  rash and itch on my lower back.  
Pantoprazole 
Pan TOE pra zole 
 Generic name:  Protonix
what is pantoprazole ?
  Proton pump inhibitors. It decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach.  

Question.   Why do I need this drug when I take Dex-a--METH-a-sone?


When I was taking this drug in the hospital I would have abnormal dreams.  I even remember telling my night nurse one night.   It was a wonderful  colorful real dream .   A large home that had history to it.  A place in my dream where I lived and in the dream had come back to the property after I had inherited the home.  If was once a place for large swim meets and swim conferences .  The dream was so vivid and real .  The first part of the dream I remember was I was in the living quarters of this home .  This home was like our friends home in the hamptons of new York .  Modern stone beautiful landscaped .  In the dream the dream the home was in disrepair .  My parents had just died and I was there to get the affairs in order and  visit the staff that still lived on the property down by the old outdoor stone rock pool.   The property also reminded me of the property I went to for a wedding in new York in June of this year.   Lilys flowing water over rock quarrys. The staff and there families were still living down near the river off the outdoor pool.   The  Vision I remember was of a happy yet poor family Irish decent.   I remember one man the property manager from my childhood.  You see I could. Not remember if Ivied there a year long or just In the summer As if a summer camp I was so fond of in the addrockitis of new York that I went to as a child.  In my dream I was getting ready for bed and remember seeing the lights of a car drive up to the front door.  The home being off a main road and with it in such disarray that young people  I was told would drive there often and park.  I remember being afraid so I went looked out of the 10 ft high glass plated wall with a view that expanded 4000 square feet long.   The curtains that covered it were old damp and musty.  Something I thought later I would have to change.  

Brst just finished.  Bernie went to gym came back and made oatmeal for me w blueberries and left over banana from hospital .   Green tea.   Biggest challenge of am so far putting on left contact so I can see far and read tv captions clearly.   The decline of My left eye had been one of the symptoms of the brain tumor.    

Just walked 91 steps.  
Since Bernie and I will still be in Florida on  the day of the general election I just printed off And we filled out our absentee ballot info.  
Just spoke with Anita up on the 12 floor coming to see 
Me today.   Bernie and I last year with with Anita and Louis her husband to Barcelona Spain for 2 wks.   
People say sound good but still fill drugged from meds.   Head dull pain where staples are.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment if you want to.